Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Fruitful 2009!

I briefly read through my entries of 2009. Its great to know that i've smoothly sail through 2009, the year whereby i'm gonna serve one whole year of National Service. it's quite an accomplishment already :)

but 2009 have more significant things than that.

My one and only 21st Birthday celebration held in the camp. I really expect nothing, but it turn out to be one fine mini party. thanks to my army frens. and of cos, those who wished me birthday! i believe i have failed to give most of u guys birthday wishes, the super forgetful me is super sorry! Happy belated Birthday everyone! ( too late lah, brother...)

My training trips to Germany and Australia were both fantastic in their own way!

i oso got my marksman this year. (good shooting skill). SHIOK!

but i injured my right knee from long distance running. SUCKS!

aniwae, i'm very proud to say that i'm pretty disciplined this year. I've cut down on playing, and put focus on reading books, drawing and writing stories. the result was more than satisfactory!
i've improved quite abit in my art. mainly on the control of my medium. things look nicer only, not fantastic yet. I foresee next year, i'll up my skill and knowledge more, and i'll definitely see even bigger improvement. (subjects to improve on: anatomy, perspectives and colour theory...same old basics.)

best day of 2009? 19 July 09.
the day i've come up with a main story that is suitable for 蝶语! (my beloved personal project)
almost everything that popped out in this world are by chance, i don't anticipate or design them out. the ideas/stories just 'auto-play' in my mind. totally natural..but happens very slowly. With this general story ready, i'm more confident and sure of how i should design my characters and the world accordingly to further realise this concept. bravo bravo!

another important date: 21 may 09.
The day my original character was created. Ray Ray! sadly, i can't commit myself to draw a series for him. He'll most likely appear in my illustration works ba :)
Will still find opportunities to make a Ray Ray Children book though.

And in 2009, I've lost my secondary school friend who died upon a bike accident. Life is this fragile. This is the worst reminder anyone would want. I couldn't attend his wake because I have weekend outfield training. Definitely my biggest loss this year.
Paul, i'll remember you as a great friend and a great basketball teammate!

My biggest self-discovery, I-Ching. I also came out with my own way to analyse people, something related to Yin and Yang through numbers. Not super accurate but proofed to be useful for me, haha!

my biggest battle? myself. I've been fighting against myself throughout this year. Sometimes I can't win myself. It's one of the worst feelings ever. I've endured it, and i think i'm going to reach the balance point in my life soon. (becos i'm going to ORD soon? haha!)

biggest lesson? to realise that i'm still not mature enough. Not yet a man. Far from a man. lol!

things not done? have yet to take Oath to announce myself as a true Singapore Citizen. aiya, i've encountered some prob when denouncing my British (foreign) Citizenship. Time is running out! argh shit!! $%#$#@%^(*&^#$%#$% I fucking hate to do all this!

Next step? applied for Hong Kong City University's Creative Media course. Hope I can get in!

Yeap, thats my 2009. As I expect the least from this year, I actually got many great things out of this year. it's a fruitful year for me :)

did i gain weight? oh forget abt it.





I believe this is my last art piece for the year 2009!
Ray Ray welcoming 2010, the year of Tiger!!

May everyone have a Happy 2010! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment